Healthy handbook 2013
If you live in Kirksville, Missouri, join our fun and FREE Healthy HandbookvHealthy Handbook is an eight week fully customizable program where you set your own fitness, nutrition, and lifestyle goals. Mystery bonus challenges will be posted each week that will help you meet your goals. There will also be several free community events offered in conjunction with this program. Pick up your Healthy Handbook at the Kirksville Aquatic Center, or print it at home!
The Handbook is simple...here is how it works:
1. Pick any eight weeks to complete your Healthy Handbook between the months of May and October.
2. Next, fill in the challenge blanks with your personal goals.
3. Set your overall weekly point goal. Challenge yourself...Increase your point goal each week!
4. Track your daily progress and tally your final points at the end of the week.
5. Be on the lookout for the Bonus Challenges. In order to receive the challenges make sure you are signed up with the City's Textcaster and or like us on our Facebook page. If you have already signed up for Textcaster, you will need to update your preferences in include the Get Active group.
Once you have completed your Healthy Handbook:
1. Come back to this page and take the end of program survey. Make sure you have your Healthy Handbook in hand so you can report your weekly point totals.
2. After completing the survey stop by the Kirksville Aquatic Center and get your prize! All participants will get a prize!
3. All participants who complete the end of program survey will be entered in the Grand Prize Drawing. The winner will be announced on November 7, 2013.
Kirksville’s Get Active Healthy Handbook program is designed to encourage healthy lifestyles among the community. You can find many opportunities to spend time outdoors in Kirksville. There are parks that offer hiking, biking, fishing and swimming. Plus, because of the Get Active Kirksville program, several new bike lanes were added!
Kirksville’s parks and recreational facilities exist for benefit ALL Kirksville residents—families, children, students and seniors. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for everyone, and exercise is vital to your fitness success.
Funding for this project was provided in part by the Missouri Foundation for Health. The Missouri Foundation for Health is a philanthropic organization whose vision is to improve the health of the people in the communities it serves.